Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Beginnings

Well, I'm going to give this blog thing a try. There are so many times that we're sitting at dinner, or just lounging around the house or outside and I'm thinking how quickly our babies are growing and there are so many little moments and mispronounced words that we smile about and quickly forget. I've often thought about emailing letters here and there to people, but this way, I can go at my own pace and you can catch up when you have time.

Yesterday Payton, Sabrina and I took Bentley to the vet. He's had a loose stool problem since we came home from Austin back in January, although I told the vet it had been just a month or two (didn't want to sound too incompetent). So we had to wait for what seemed like an eternity in the waiting room where they have lots of open space and one play kitchen for the kids. Luckily the kids weren't acting too crazy because I was having some trouble holding Bentley on his leash while he acted like a bull in a china shop. He wanted to make friends with every dog (and cat) that came in, but not all of them were friendly back. Finally, they called us into another room where Bentley would be checked out. After he was weighed and listened to, they took a stool sample from him and told me it would be another 10-15 minutes. Are you kidding me? This time they took Bentley with them, but Payton and Sabrina were getting a little restless. I transformed myself into the vet and Payton quickly became a dog while Sabrina opted for a cat. I checked their ears, noses, eyes, etc. This was going fine until they realized that there was a dark area under the counter perfect for their home. Apparently I was outvoted on why we shouldn't crawl around on the floor while licking eachothers faces. When we left there, we could have made a pair of fuzzy slippers from all of the hair they picked up. As for Bentley, they couldn't find anything wrong, so I guess we just have to live with Mr. Chronic Diahrrea.

No comments: