Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!!

Surprise! Of course you're reading a post from me. It's a new year and the turning of a page, so of course I'm going to dive into all kinds of these resolutions just like all of you. We'll see if I make it to February. lol

We all had so much fun this past weekend. Some of Jeremy's family drove down from Topeka. They got here this past Saturday night, just in time to get some football in. On Sunday, I woke up to a BEAUTIFUL bouquet of roses! It was mine and Jeremy's 13th wedding anniversary. Cheers! My sister-in-law and I went shopping twice, switching kids in between. She was looking for Heely's which apparently are much cheaper here than they are in Topeka. That evening, my father-in-law treated everyone to dinner at Joe's Crab Shack. The food was awesome (as usual) and we had a great time drinking some of the best margaritas I've had in a long time and singing way too loud. My FIL and I treated everyone to a very loud rendition of When Doves Cry by Prince and Jeremy and I (well more I) to an even louder rendition of Happy Anniversary to You as the waitress made us stand on chairs. On New Years eve, I took the younger half of the kids to Texas Jumping Beans and wore them out. It's this great big 12,000 square foot empty warehouse that they've filled with tons of those blow up things you can jump in, run through, slide down, etc. They had a really good time. All of them had little sweaty heads and red cheeks by the time we left. Our evening was pretty much the same as everyone else's, although we did play charades which turned out to be pretty funny. Jeremy said he grew up with his extended family playing once in a while, but I've never played before. We all went to bed pretty late and I couldn't believe it when they all got up and were out the door by 7:45 am. Wow!

We pretty much layed around all day recovering from the weekend. None of us even changed out of our jammies.

I hope you all had a very very very happy new year and got to share it with family or friends...or both!

No comments: