Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Black Bean Burger

So I scoured the internet for a good vegan black bean burger recipe & couldn't find one.  I decided to experiment in the kitchen a little & this is what I came up with.

Half of a small yellow onion
3 garlic cloves
2 cans of black beans
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp pepper

Finely FINELY chop the onion & garlic.  Put all ingredients into a bowl & squish it all together until you can form a patty.  My best tools for this are my hands.  Heat a good amount of oil in a pan on medium high heat.  Cook the burger on each side until a nice crisp forms, NOT BURNT....crisp.  Okay, slide that sucker onto some bread.  I like Nature's Own Sandwich Rounds, but whatever works for you is good.  Now hook it up with toppings!  Voila!!


No comments: